Monday, August 10, 2009

A Personal Opinion About Decision-Making

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is a quote I have found to be true. If you are clear about your goal - whether it be to get one row of firewood stacked, to become an orthopedic surgeon or simply to be a kinder person - if that goal is one to which you are truly committed, then it will happen. Not that it will happen by magic - what I believe is that if you are clear about what you want, then you will be able to discriminate between the choices and actions that will lead you towards that goal and the choices and actions which will lead you away from it - recognizing and responding to the messages that the universe always provides. And I believe that everything we do, every moment of our lives, is our own decision.

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
I never said I was a victim of circumstance
- Billy Joel

As someone long prepared for the occasion

In full command of every plan you erect
Do not choose a coward's explanation
That hides behind the cause and the effect
- Leonard Cohen
~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment