Monday, November 2, 2009

Do Or Do Not - There Is No Try

A quote from Yoda in the Star Wars movie

How often have you heard yourself say, "I'm going to try to..." (... get there on time), or "I'm going to try to..." (... be more thoughtful), or "I'm going to try to... (you fill in the blank). How do you feel when you say this? Do you feel committed, enthusiastic, confident? How would you feel if the pilot of an aircraft you were on announced, "I'm going to try to land this plane at the New York Airport in five minutes"?

We sabotage our own intelligence and ability, undermining our chances of accomplishment and the confidence which that brings, when we fall into the mindset of "I'll try" instead of "I will".

Decide what you want to do, announce that to the world, and then DO IT.

~~~~
Don't be timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment