Monday, January 25, 2010

If I Knew Where The Good Songs Came From...

...I'd Go There More Often


Leonard Cohen:

"I had the title poet, and maybe I was one for a while. Also, the title singer was kindly accorded me, even though I could barely carry a tune."


In this PBS NewsHour Poetry Series interview, singer and poet Leonard Cohen discusses the difference between writing a song and a poem and explains why "out of the thousands who are known or want to be known as poets, maybe one or two are genuine and the rest are fakes."

With characteristic directness and humility, Cohen shares his insights on fame, poetry and growing older. A short but revealing read.

~~~~
Well my friends are gone and my hair is gray
I ache in the places where I used to play
and I'm crazy for love, but I'm not comin' on
I'm just paying my rent every day...



~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment