Wednesday, April 14, 2010

That Good Self-Existing Sword

"I have walked so many miles to discover things I already knew, things that all of us know but that are so hard to accept.  Is there anything harder for us, my Lord, than discovering that we can achieve the Power?

This pain that I feel now in my breast, that makes me sob and that frightens the poor lamb, has been felt since human beings first existed.  Few can accept the burden of their own victory; most give up their dreams when they see that they can be realized.  They refuse to fight the good fight because they do not know what to do with their own happiness; they are imprisoned by the things of the world.  Just as I have been, who wanted to find my sword without knowing what to do with it."

~~~~
From The Pilgrimage by Paolo Coelho.
~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment