Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm Not A Zen Monk...

...I'm doing my expenses.

A compelling argument FOR Distraction,
by Russell M. Davies, for Wired.co.uk Magazine

"The Internet has it in for multitasking. Every ... oooh, hang on a minute, just replying to Twitter. Every blog seems to be focused on concentration or concentrated on focus. The goal is Getting Things Done; the enemy is Distraction. But I'd like to suggest that multitasking and distraction aren't the enemy - they're what make us human and creative - and that we should be building software tools that distract us more, not help us to concentrate.

"Hang on a second. I'm getting an email from Facebook telling me that someone I don't really know has updated their location via Twitter.

"Anyway, my first bit of evidence is...."

~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment